Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Cost of Adoption & Fundraising

Many people have commented, "doesn't adoption cost a fortune?!" -the short answer is yes.  But, in the long run it really isn't much at all when you think about the fact that you have a lifetime together.  


Here is a little break down of some of the adoption costs:

Application & Contract $3845
Dossier Fees & Submission $9160
Travel to/from China for 3 people $9000
Fees in China $6940
Post Placement Fees $1400
TOTAL= $30, 345*
 (*This does not include additional documents, fingerprinting, passports, travel visa, etc)

A good friend of mine adopted from China a little over a year ago, using the same agency.  She gave me a great idea about a fundraiser.  We are going to buy a 1000-piece puzzle and sell the pieces at $5/each.  You can buy as many as you would like.  We will then write your name on the puzzle piece(s) you buy and the put the entire puzzle together.  We will then glue this and frame it as a reminder of how much love went into our adoption.  I have found a puzzle that I like but I want to make sure Greg likes it too.  I will post the picture of the puzzle we choose and get things set up for our fundraiser.
Thanks for reading our blog!

1 comment: