I received an email from AIAA today. Their program is currently closed for applications (unless you live in Michigan or have Korean heritage). The director of the Korea program said that we are free to continue to check their website for when applications open again. I am a little disappointed but not discouraged. I am still waiting to hear from Carolina Adoption Services. I trust that God will guide us in this journey. Even if we have to wait a year that is okay but I know even more changes are coming. A homestudy in North Carolina is only good for 18-months so this is something we have to keep in mind as well. You can always get an updated homestudy after 18-months but if possible we hope to just have this one time.
A lot of the resources I have found are now stating that Korea may officially close it's international adoption this year (2012). I have been in contact with an additional agency that works with Korean adoption in North Carolina and hope to hear from them shortly. If we can not adopt from Korea then we are going to look into China and Taiwan adoption as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment